Historic porter's lodge
The entrance to the Library , situated at no 35 Via Zamboni, was opened in the 1930s to offer students and scolars easier access to the Library.
Indeed, access to the Library had previously only been possible by means of the entrance in Palazzo Poggi, at no 33, which then necessitated a long route through the chambers of the University.
The historic Porter’s Lodge, is now reserved solely for the use of suppliers and University staff and retains its solemn, airy aspect.
There are three beautiful marble busts, the most striking of which is of Francesco Albergati Capacelli (the work of G. De Maria in 1820), and a beautiful marble inscription dedicated in 1937 to Olindo Guerrini, poet and director of the University Library from 1885 to 1912.